Indian Papoose Club click to go to home page of indian papoose Go to the Indian Papoose Forum indian papoose links page click to view indian papoose parts page.

Indian Papoose

« Click back to Home page

Back to the board
slaapstad(R)

08.11.2016, 04:29

Newbie - Assistance with frame number please (Brockhouse Corgi)

Hi,

I'm a newbie - planning to buy a machine in the very near future.

Frame number is 89xx and I'm looking to establish model and year of manufacture. I suspect it's a 1948 model, but would like confirmation if possible. I believe that Miller's book contains details on engine and frame numbers, but alas it is no longer available. Has a list of engine/frame ranges per model year been published anywhere?

I'm not sure what the engine number is yet, but will know soon hopefully.

I'll be looking for appropriate manuals / parts lists etc., so any guidelines as to procuring these would be appreciated as well.

slaapstad(R)

09.11.2016, 10:41

@ slaapstad

Newbie - Assistance with frame number please

Hi,

I'm a newbie - planning to buy a machine in the very near future.

Frame number is 89xx and I'm looking to establish model and year of
manufacture. I suspect it's a 1948 model, but would like confirmation if
possible. I believe that Miller's book contains details on engine and frame
numbers, but alas it is no longer available. Has a list of engine/frame
ranges per model year been published anywhere?

I'm not sure what the engine number is yet, but will know soon hopefully.

I'll be looking for appropriate manuals / parts lists etc., so any
guidelines as to procuring these would be appreciated as well.

No need to post a reply - Peter Miller kindly provided the information that I was after. Many thanks Peter.

BTW - picked up two machines this morning - an incomplete MK1 and a complete 1948 MK2. Really chuffed!

It seems as though this forum is pretty quiet though......... is anyone actually participating?

As a matter of interest (in case anyone actually reads this....), do any of the members of this forum have soft-copies of parts lists, user manuals etc. for the early Corgi's that they are prepared to share? I'm looking for any documentation pertinent to the MK1's and MK2's from 1947/48.

imprace(R)

20.08.2017, 13:34

@ slaapstad

Newbie - Assistance with frame number please

Hi I'm Imprace, I too am relatively new to the web site,not many replies, but I keep trying.
Did you get any confirmation about the age of your Mk 1? I have a similar problem, the only number I can find is 58** , I believe it is about 47/48
period.
Any help would be appreciated,and I have copies of both Mk1 and Mk2 reprints that show all the parts and blow up pictures of the engines.
Regards
Imprace